A few problems...no shower curtain and can you really enjoy a shower that you have to hold over your own head. Let's just say day one I had a minor flood in the bathroom.
So, I bought a shower rod and curtain and had Thomas, one of the other missionaries, install it. Then all I would have to do is place the sprayer into its metal holder on the wall and life should be good...right? You would think. This time I didn't flood the bath room, but the sprayer continued to come out of the holder causing water to go everywhere. Why, you might ask...because the metal holder doesn't close around the sprayer...no it only allows it to rest in it. It looks great when the water is not turned on, but once the water pressure goes...the sprayer, unless at the perfect angle flies right out of the holder.
So...picture with me...Sunday morning I wake up, turn on the water trying to get a warm but not scalding temperature, shut the curtain around me and turn on the shower part. Next thing I know water is spraying everywhere and I am trying to grab the hose. I put it back on the holder thinking I got it at a good angle only to realize I now have one foot on the higher level of the tub and the other foot is sliding off. I have now bashed into the faucet with my thigh as I land on my rear. This action causes the hot water to turn off leaving freezing cold water coming out and the sprayer to yet again fly in every direction getting my towel and the walls wet. I sit in the bathtub knowing that days later this will be funny, but for right now I am in pain and not feeling completely clean or refreshed.
To end the story well, I have now secured the sprayer with a ponytail holder and each day it is a little more "normal".
5 comments:
I have had many interesting shower experiences in my travels. The worst was 6 weeks in Russia where we had to heat our water in a bucket every day or it was freezing. Then we had to use a cup and that hot water, mixed with more cold water to bathe. I hated washing my hair. At least the multi level tub may be useful when shaving your legs.
A story told best by you! Yes, I've heard that the things we cry about today will be the things we laugh about years from now.
I'll be sure to fully appreciate my next shower! Miss you!
Oh my gosh Linda, too funny...I know you weren't laughing but I certainly was as a read this post...glad to hear you pulled out your Macgyver skills and became resourceful with a ponytail holder...oh btw I finally got an email from TEAM this week confirming my automatic withdrawals to your support to start this month.
Much Love,
Beth
Yes, showering/bathing in Greece was quite the experience. I'll have to agree that not having a shower curtain leaves the place wet and not from the steam. I think that showering on a ship in the same curtainless type stall during a storm was quite a bit worse. I did get a good workout on my balance and coordination.
That made me laugh...outloud! Keep sharing the stories they're great! Love you girl.
Post a Comment