Monday, February 04, 2008

Italy Bound

I am finally headed to Italy. This has been a long journey with the Lord and I would not trade one day of it. For the next two weeks my days are filled with spending time with people, packing and making sure I accomplish the paperwork details in order to leave the country.
If all goes well, I will arrive in Rome on February 19 at 12:40pm with 4-5 bags in tow. I can't speak a lick of Italian, but I can't wait to learn it. I will begin classes on March 1st, but I hope to be forced to speak basic phrases upon arrival.
My emotions are all over the map, but I am learning to live in the moment, soak in each day's experiences and not borrow tomorrow's troubles, worries or fears!
Pray for this time of transition.
I will grieve the loss of good friends and family.
I will depend on the Lord and be reminded daily of his goodness.
I will wholeheartedly embrace this new challenge and adventure with confidence in Christ!

No comments: