Sunday, February 08, 2009

School, school and more school...

I am sorry I have been bad about keeping you guys updated. I think it is because my life is pretty boring these days...school, homework, church on Sunday, and listening to as much Italian as possible. So this title expresses how I feel these days.
I am tired of being in school. I am enjoying learning, but I hate the feeling of that I get from being in school. It is that feeling that there is always something hanging over your head, something you should be doing rather than what you are doing. For example, when I want to just relax by reading a book in English I can start to feel guilty for not reading something in Italian. Especially now that one of my classes is in literature. I know very little about literature in general and then add trying to understand it in Italian and I am at a loss. Also, the professor seems to like the more abstract writers. We read two short stories by Dino Buzzati and now are having to read Kafka's Metamorphisis because he influenced Buzzati. Now if someone can explain to me the greatness of this writing I would appreciate it greatly. I have to admit that I don't enjoy reading stories where people turn into bugs. (YUCK!)

So if any of you know a good website for understanding literature or has some advice, I would love to know it.

No comments: