I have now been in Bologna for a little over a week. I moved all my stuff on Friday, June 5 and tried to get a little settled that night. I had to go back to Perugia for the final walk through of my old apartment, so on Monday, June 8 I officially arrived in Bologna for my next year's adventure. My apartment is "abbastanza grande", which means big enough. I was grateful to find a place that kept me at the same rent I had in Perugia, which I was told is not easy in Bologna. Most people pay at least 100 to 150 euros more for their apartments.
So here it is:
I have a small kitchen

that connects to a dining room. (that is Cindy helping me unpack)

Then there is a big bedroom, which now has a ceiling fan thanks to the neighbor's ladder and the help of a co-worker,

a bathroom with a washing machine

and a full size tub, which after my tub in Perugia, I am glad to have!

And there is a living room that can be a second bedroom if I have visitors.

There actually is a murphy bed in the cabinets. It is amazing how the Europeans can utilize small spaces well.

Each day I seem to get a bit more put away and organized. I still need to buy some things as this apartment is not furnished as completely as the one in Perugia. My big purchase may be a TV and DVD player. It helped my language in Perugia to listen to the Italian television shows. I also may have to buy a bed that supports my back a bit better.
Well again the door is always open and now I even live in a city with an airport!
No comments:
Post a Comment