During dinner Nobuko began to tell everyone that if it were not for me she would not have stayed in Perugia. We both got a bit choked up talking about it. Everyone was sad to see her go, but glad she stayed the whole time she was suppose to. We had lunch the day before she left and it was a bit of a teary goodbye, but I think we will stay in touch. It is wierd now knowing she is no longer here, but I am continuing to pray that she will come to know the Lo
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Nobuko has left
In the beginning of October, my first friend in Perugia, Nobuko, left to go back home. During the months of July and August we had not see each other a lot because we had both done some traveling and were in different classes, but it was still nice to know she was here. Towards the end of Septem
ber we went to dinner several times and she even went to church with me again. At the end of one of our last meals together I realized she had really become a dear friend. We were kind of there for each other when there was no one else. One of her last nights she had people over for dinner. She made an amazing lasagna and everybody brought something. It was quite the feast.
During dinner Nobuko began to tell everyone that if it were not for me she would not have stayed in Perugia. We both got a bit choked up talking about it. Everyone was sad to see her go, but glad she stayed the whole time she was suppose to. We had lunch the day before she left and it was a bit of a teary goodbye, but I think we will stay in touch. It is wierd now knowing she is no longer here, but I am continuing to pray that she will come to know the Lo
rd. I hope that one day I can visit her in Japan.
During dinner Nobuko began to tell everyone that if it were not for me she would not have stayed in Perugia. We both got a bit choked up talking about it. Everyone was sad to see her go, but glad she stayed the whole time she was suppose to. We had lunch the day before she left and it was a bit of a teary goodbye, but I think we will stay in touch. It is wierd now knowing she is no longer here, but I am continuing to pray that she will come to know the Lo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment