Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The End of B2!

Yet again another class ends and the friends I have enjoyed for three months depart! I don't know that there is anyway at getting good at saying goodbye, but I am grateful that the Lord gives me strength to continue invest in people's lives for whatever the time frame might be. It seems like each group is the same in that we are all a little apprehensive in the beginning and by the end of the three months we wished we had more time together. I have become more and more grateful for this apartment and the luxury of entertaining that it gives me. I got to have a small Christmas party with some of the girls from my class and their friends. It was a really enjoyable evening! This was all of us by my tree! It was quite the international group: 3 from Uzbekistan, 1 from Australia, 1 from Malaysia, 1 from Cypress and 2 Americans. We had good conversations and there was much laughter!

Then on the true last day of class we had a party and our teacher brought a Pandoro, a cake of sorts that is eaten on Christmas. She showed us how to make sure the powder sugar covers the cake. It was delicious!!Then we took a group picture with those of us that were still attending class at this point. After the test results were given, many people stopped coming for the rest of the week. There is a test, what I took, for those that are continuing to study and then there is an exam for those who are finishing. The test is the week before the exam. So there is still class after the test to get those who are taking the exam prepared. Even though I don't take the exam, I usually like to go. It is a relaxed week.

No comments: