The wind coupled with the rain is the worst. It is rain that comes at you from every direction and then the wind flips your umbrella inside out. The other day I was walking home from class after a rainy windy afternoon and saw several broken umbrellas laying on the sidewalk. I could envision the scene: after one too many times of the umbrella being blown inside out, the person trying to flip it back in the right direction and becoming more soaked in the process they gave up on the object that had turned into a wind sail and decided it was easier to hold something over their head and run for it. How am I so familiar with this? Because I have now been through two umbrellas. This last one almost poked my eye out on the way home.
I definitely will not complain again about a 5 minute walk in the rain from the car into the house, or the car to the store, in fact days like these motivate me get the language so that I can take my driving test and get a car!
No comments:
Post a Comment