The day at the beach was no different. I was in the water less than a half hour after we arrived. Although my friend, Gazmendi, was not willing to go into the deep part of the sea, I was able to get him to float a bit and play in a few of the waves.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
A day at the beach
I had been dying to go to the beach all summer and finally near the end of July I went with a good friend from Assisi. We spent the day in Rimini and it was just what the doctor ordered...sun, breeze, water and fun.
I have been surprised by how many people I have met lately that do not know how to swim. I guess I have taken for granted the fact that I was thrown into the water at a young age and have loved being in it ever since. I have enjoyed being able to share my love of the water with a few people. The day I went to the pool, I was able to teach one of the youth from the church to do a hand stand and a flip in the water. Those of you that know me well know that I become a kid when I enter deep water, so it was fun to share my "stunts".
The day at the beach was no different. I was in the water less than a half hour after we arrived. Although my friend, Gazmendi, was not willing to go into the deep part of the sea, I was able to get him to float a bit and play in a few of the waves.
In the end he became a big kid as well and had a good time.
It was a great relief from the heat of the city and a reminder to me of how much I love swimming in open water. As the sun began to go down we stopped for a cold beer to end the day and then headed back to normal life.
The day at the beach was no different. I was in the water less than a half hour after we arrived. Although my friend, Gazmendi, was not willing to go into the deep part of the sea, I was able to get him to float a bit and play in a few of the waves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment